Led by the proliferation of antibody-based drugs and candidates, biological drugs as a class continue to outpace all other NCEs in development pipelines and clinical trials. This shift away from small molecule drugs is creating opportunities for drug developers, device designers, packagers and – ultimately – pharmaceutical marketers. Because biological drugs most often target chronic conditions, dosing strategies and treatment protocols must be developed for long-term use, often for self-administration by patients who may have limitations directly related to their condition. The shift in as-supplied packaging from single and multi-use vials to prefilled injection devices will accelerate over the next five years as drug developers move to empower an increasing number of chronically ill patients. The powerful physiological effects of antibodies, hormones and other biological drugs also increase the need for safety and compliance.
Therapeutic Biologicals – What You Will Learn
- What are the market factors that define the therapeutic biologicals market?
- What are the major factors driving product development strategies within biologicals drug development organizations?
- How does the availability of patient support resources influence prescribing decisions for biological drugs?
- How important are drug developer-formulation technologist relationships in therapeutic market segments?
- What is the current state of the global biologicals development and manufacturing ecosystem?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the selection criteria for therapeutic biological drugs?
Summary of Contents
Biological Drug Product Factors
Biological Drug Delivery Ecosystem
Global Biologics Supply Ecosystem
Therapeutic Biologicals – Patient Prescribing Segments
Point of Care
Market Presence of Leading Biologicals Suppliers
Drug Class Market Analysis
Granulocyte – Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF)
Biological Drug Profiles
Market Data and Forecasts
Delivery Devices & Suppliers for Biological Drugs