The influence of Th17 helper cells on autoimmune inflammatory diseases has put the Th17 pathway at the apex of immune mediated therapeutics. The result is a growing list of approved and development-stage drugs designed to inhibit at least one of the fifteen pathway targets that drive the transcription and secretion of inflammatory cytokines into the extracellular space where they impact patient morbidity and inflammatory disease burden. The competitive landscape now includes more than two dozen drug developers. As this marketspace has evolved, the prime product opportunities, which we define as the drugability of individual pathway targets factored by the inverse of the number of competing drugs and late-stage candidates, has been shrinking. The market now consists of three dozen approved drugs and drug candidates indicated for inhibiting specific Th17 pathway targets. The distribution of therapeutic products in this segment varies across pathway elements, with 84 percent targeting signaling proteins and ligands, and receptors and transcription factors accounting for 8 percent each. Three FDA/EMA approved products target JAK/TYR signaling, but an additional twelve development-stage candidates make this the most active and competitive segment
Th17 Inflammatory Pathway Therapeutic Markets – What You Will Learn
- What are the immune factors in the Th17 helper cell pathway that are responsible for immune mediated inflammatory Autoimmune Diseases?
- What are the inflammatory-mediated ligands, receptors, signaling proteins and transcription factors that represent druggable targets in the Th17 helper cell?
- What are the major factors driving the high level of development activity in immune mediated inflammatory diseases?
- What is the impact of pathway cross-talk in the pathology of conditions such as psoriasis and how will this affect sector therapeutic uptake?
- What is the level of clinical trial activity in this sector, and who are the active participants?
- What is the level of patent activity, who are the IP holders, and what targets/ pathway segments do they focus on?
- What is the size of the market today, who are the market share leaders, and what will the market share be in 2022?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for immune therapeutics
Th17 Inflammatory Pathway Therapeutic Markets – Summary of Contents
The Th17 Pathway
Th17 Inflammatory Pathway Cascade Targets
Interleukin 6 (IL-6)
Janus Kinase/Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT)
Transforming Growth Factor-β RI/RII (TGF-β RI/RII)
Retinoic acid-related orphan receptor (RORyt)
Th17 Pathway Mediated Inflammatory Diseases
Profiles of Market Participants