Prefilled Devices for Self-Administering High Viscosity Injectables • HVJ308K • March 2021 • US $3,850
Growth in self-administered high viscosity injectables is being driven by advances in biotechnology and host-vector engineering – advances that have led to a steady stream of biologics for a number of ailments and conditions. These powerful drugs come with a high cost-per-dose and the risk of significant side effects – factors that place an elevated emphasis on administration efficiency, safety and reliability. Many drugs in this class are characterized by physical properties and sensitivities that challenge the drug commercialization ecosystem. For example, monoclonal antibodies, perhaps the most significant category in terms of therapeutic and commercial importance, typically possess viscosities that are well above the normal limits of subcutaneous injection devices and techniques. Without a technical solution, these high viscosity drugs are formulated and supplied for infusion, a trend that threatens to put additional pressure on patient logistics and healthcare economics. Drug developers and device designers are increasingly working in collaboration to address the goal of subcutaneous administration of high viscosity injectables.
What You Will Learn
- What are the handheld device classes and individual devices that can inject high viscosity drugs; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
- What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- How big is the market? How is it growing?
- Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants in this sector, what are their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships for high viscosity device commercialization and market access?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for high viscosity injection devices?
Prefilled Devices for Self-Administered High Viscosity Injectables – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
The High Viscosity Drug Market
The Economics of Drug Delivery
The Market Opportunity
Dosing and Patient Adherence
High Viscosity Injection Device Design Factors
Drug Storage Requirements
Baseline Device Capabilities
Injection Site Modification
High Viscosity Drugs – Addressable Markets
Legacy Drugs: IV-to-Subcutaneous Migration
Biological Drugs Approved for Infusion
Formulation-related High Viscosity
Sustained Release Injectables
Analysis of Hi Viscosity Handheld Devices
Specialty Glass Syringes
High Viscosity Devices
Liquified Gas Assisted Delivery
Specialty Platform Injectors
Cyclic Olefin Prefillable Syringes
Ease of Use
Market Participant Profiles
For more information click HERE