Led by the proliferation of antibody-based drugs and candidates, biological drugs as a class continue to outpace all other NCEs in development pipelines and clinical trials. This shift away from small molecule drugs is creating opportunities for drug developers, device designers, packagers and – ultimately – pharmaceutical marketers. Because biological drugs most often target chronic conditions, dosing strategies and treatment protocols must be developed for long-term use, often for self-administration by patients who may have limitations directly related to their condition. The shift in as-supplied packaging from single and multi-use vials to prefilled injection devices will accelerate over the next five years as drug developers move to empower an increasing number of chronically ill patients. The powerful physiological effects of antibodies, hormones and other biological drugs also increase the need for safety and compliance.
POC & Self-administered Biologicals – What You Will Learn
- What are the market factors that define the point-of-care biologicals delivery market? What factors define the self-administration biologicals market?
- What are the major factors driving the As Supplied product development decision within drug development organizations?
- How does the availability of patient support resources influence the prescribing decision for biological drugs?
- How important are drug developer-formulation technologist relationships in the POC market segment? In the self-administration market segment?
- In what therapeutic market segments do biologicals compete? What is their market share today? What will it be in 2026? What is their expected growth rate?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the selection criteria for point-of-care and self-administered biological drugs?
Summary of Contents
Biological Drug Product Factors
Biological Drug Delivery Ecosystem
Global Injection Device Manufacturing
Therapeutic Biologicals – As Supplied Segments
Point of Care
Market Presence of Leading Biologicals Suppliers
Drug Class Analysis
Granulocyte – Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF)
Biological Drug Profiles
Market Data and Forecasts
Delivery Devices for Biological Drugs