Noninvasive glucose monitors have been anticipated by diabetes patients for over a decade. The traditional finger prick method has been a standard disease management tool for decades. But issues of patient compliance and the limitations of current methods in detecting short-term fluctuations in glucose levels have brought a host of companies into the hunt for less invasive and more user-friendly alternatives. Now the convergence of small-scale electronics and sophisticated biocompatible product designs is giving hope for a better future to millions of diabetes patients worldwide. Noninvasive glucose monitors that can measure glucose levels accurately and reliably have the capability to improve glycemic control and patient well-being. By integrating the sensing element, electronics, and a power source in a single package, noninvasive monitors are creating new options for caregivers and their diabetes patients. Signal processing improvements – include improved signal-to-noise ratios and interference filtering – will continue to be critical to the commercialization prospects of noninvasive monitors.
Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What are the noninvasive monitoring technologies and devices that are moving toward commercialization and that are expected to have an impact on the diabetes management market by the end of the decade?
• What are the products currently under development, and what is their current status in terms of market readiness and product validation?
• What are the signification product development and commercialization issues facing the current generation of noninvasive glucose monitors?
• Who are the companies behind noninvasive glucose monitors, what are their capabilities and risk factors and what are their key supply chain issues?
• What are the commercialization prospects of the noninvasive glucose monitors today? What will the market look like in 2022?
• What are the significant market factors that will impact the market for noninvasive glucose monitors?
Noninvasive Glucose Monitors to 2022 – Summary of Contents
Diabetes Management Market Overview
Monitoring Glucose Levels
Key Factors in Patient Compliance
Industry Alignment and Competitive Landscape
Noninvasive Monitor Design Factors
Measuring Interstitial Fluid vs. Whole Blood Glucose Levels
Data Collection & Reporting
Noninvasive Glucose Measurement Technologies
Important Private Research Programs
Accuracy & Precision
Sensor Technology & Signal Processing Advances
Noninvasive Glucose Monitor Product Assessments
Optical Finger Readers
Ear Lobe Devices
Eye/ Contact Lenses