Noninvasive glucose monitors have been anticipated by diabetes patients for over a decade. The traditional finger prick method has been a standard disease management tool for decades. But issues of patient compliance and the limitations of current methods in detecting short-term fluctuations in glucose levels have brought a host of companies into the hunt for less invasive and more user-friendly alternatives. Now the convergence of small-scale electronics and sophisticated biocompatible product designs is giving hope for a better future to millions of diabetes patients worldwide. Noninvasive glucose monitors that can measure glucose levels accurately and reliably have the capability to improve glycemic control and patient well-being. By integrating the sensing element, electronics, and a power source in a single package, noninvasive monitors are creating new options for caregivers and their diabetes patients. Signal processing improvements – include improved signal-to-noise ratios and interference filtering – will continue to be critical to the commercialization prospects of noninvasive monitors.
Noninvasive Glucose Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Noninvasive Glucose Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Noninvasive Glucose Measurement – What You Will Learn
- What are the noninvasive glucose sensing and monitoring technologies that are still being pursued, who are the players behind them, and what is their development status?
- What are the key noninvasive glucose monitor device design issues and evolving market factors?
- What is the global market potential for noninvasive glucose monitors today? What will it be in 2024?
- What will be the likely impact of the availability of commercial noninvasive glucose sensing technology and devices on diabetes management markets?
- Who are the market participants in the noninvasive glucose monitoring sector? What are their technology, product development activities and business strategies?
- What will be the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on the commercial potential of noninvasive glucose monitors?
Noninvasive Glucose Measurement – Summary of Contents
Glucose Sensing Market Overview
Monitoring Glucose Levels
Key Factors in Patient Compliance
Industry Alignment and Competitive Landscape
Noninvasive Glucose Measurement Design Factors
Measuring Glucose in Interstitial Fluid
Data Collection & Reporting
Commercial Track NGM Technologies
Recent Applied Research in Glucose Measurement
Continuous Glucose Monitoring
Near-term Noninvasive Glucose Measurement Device Analysis
Optical Data Collection
Direct Analyte Measurement
Important Private Research Programs
Accuracy & Precision
Sensor Technology & Signal Processing Advances
Current/Ongoing Clinical Trials
Concluded Clinical Trials