The size and future potential of the coagulation self-testing market has been evolving over the past 24 months as two competing forces work to inject uncertainty into future demand. Demographic and incidence data indicate a definite upward trend in the clinical and managed care demand for anticoagulation therapeutics. But the commercialization of novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs) –a new class of drugs that does not require routine coagulation monitoring – will work to reduce demand for coagulation self-testing. The result will be a muddled global market where demand among countries and regions will vary based on individual market factors. To minimize risk and fully engage addressable markets, participants must commit to a comprehensive understanding of the key markets in which they currently, or plan to, compete.
Coagulation Self-testing to 2020 Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Coagulation Self-testing to 2020 Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
● What are the marketed patient self-testing devices for measuring and monitoring anticoagulation drug therapy?
● What is the status and prospects of coagulation self-test devices currently in development?
● What is the market potential and commercialization risks and opportunities for coagulation self-test devices?
● What are the key patient self-test device design issues and evolving market factors for coagulation self-testing?
● What is the impact of coagulation self-test technology and devices on coagulation management markets?
● What is the role and impact of third-party PT/INR self-test services on device demand and patient acceptance?
● Who are the market participants in the coagulation self-test segment, and what are their technology and market strategies?
● Who are the market leaders; what is the size of the market today, and what will it be in 2020?
● What is the impact of novel oral anticoagulants on the future commercial growth of coagulation self-test devices?
Summary of Contents
Anticoagulation Therapy Market Dynamics
Anticoagulation Healthcare Economics
Oral Anticoagulation Therapy
Monitoring Prothrombin Time
Competing Coagulation Tests
Key Factors in Patient Compliance
Industry Alignment and Competitive Landscape
Coagulation Self-Testing Device Design Factors
Standardization of PT/INR Testing
Accuracy and Precision
Managed Care and Reimbursement
Third-party Patient Training & Support
Indications and Market Segments
Novel Oral Anticoagulants
Regulations and Standards
Patient Self-Testing Product Assessments
Market Analysis, Data and Forecasts