Biomarkers are a key medical product development tool capable of facilitating development of medical products and spurring innovation. When used in the right context, biomarkers have the potential to help expedite patient access to safe and effective treatments by reducing the time and cost of clinical trials while maintaining patient protections. FDA encourages the integration of biomarkers in medical product development and approval, to facilitate the monitoring of FDA-regulated products, and their appropriate use in clinical practice. Biomarkers promise to reduce stagnation and foster innovation in the development of new medical products. A biomarker can be used as the basis for creating a routine diagnostic test for clinical use, after it has been approved as an in-vitro diagnostic. A biomarker can also be used to develop a companion diagnostic test that enables better decision-making on the use of a therapy that is tailored to the patient.
Microneedle Measurable Chronic Disease Biomarkers – What You Will Learn
• What companies are active in the microneedle diagnostics segments, what distinguishes their technology, and what is their market presence?
• What are the identified and verified chronic disease biomarkers, and what are their properties ?
• What are the major factors that are influencing interest in chronic disease biomarkers?
• What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies, and market development issues for microneedles capable of capturing and identifying chronic disease biomarkers?
• What are the important therapeutic markets for microneedle measurable chronic disease biomarkers? What is their market potential?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for diagnostic microneedles?
Summary of Contents
Microneedle Measurable Chronic Disease Biomarkers
Point-of-Care Diagnostics Market Dynamics
Biomarkers and their Potential in Clinical Medicine
Microneedles for Detecting and Measuring Biomarkers
Microneedle Product Categories
Microneedle Arrays & Array Geometries
Microneedles & Microfluidics
The Role of Interstitial Fluid
Microneedle Diagnostics – Design Factors
Electrochemical Sensing Methods
Optical Sensing Methods
Chronic Disease Associated Biomarkers
Emerging Fabrication Methods
Two-Photon Polymerization (2PP)
Additive Fabrication Methods
Fused Deposition Modelling
Digital Light Processing
Selective Laser Sintering
Selective Laser Melting
Diagnostic Microneedle Device Analysis
Micro Transdermal Interface Platform (MicroTIPs)
Seventh Sense Biosystems
Chronic Disease Biomarkers
Opportunities Extend Across Numerous Therapeutic Areas
Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Microneedle Biomarker Diagnostics
Key Therapeutic Sectors
Market Participant Profiles