Microneedle technology is attaining commercial viability at a time when healthcare providers are faced with new challenges as they assess ways to incorporate companion diagnostics into their practice areas. Microneedle technology has the potential to address the growing trend toward point of care diagnostics and ambulatory patient monitoring by allowing the precise detection of biomarkers and analytes in fluids and tissues located below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques available and in development for sampling very small quantities and/or concentrations of analytes and biomarkers and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable diagnostic platform.
Prefillable Biological Drug Delivery – What You Will Learn
- What companies are active in the microneedle diagnostics segments, what distinguishes their technology, and what is their market presence?
- Who are the microneedle diagnostic device developers/suppliers, and what are their capabilities?
- What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle diagnostics?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for diagnostic microneedle products?
- What are the important healthcare markets for microneedle diagnostics? What is their market potential?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for diagnostic microneedles?
Summary of Contents
The Market Opportunity
Point-of-Care Diagnostics Market Dynamics
Microneedle Product Categories
Microneedle Arrays & Array Geometries
Microneedles & Microfluidics
What’s Driving the Growth in PoC Diagnostics?
Shifting Patient Demographics
Disease and Condition Demand Drivers
The Role of Interstitial Fluid
Microneedle Diagnostics – Design Factors
Sensor Array Integration
Emerging Fabrication Methods
Two-Photon Polymerization (2PP)
Additive Fabrication Methods
Fused Deposition Modelling
Digital Light Processing
Selective Laser Sintering
Selective Laser Melting
Diagnostic Microneedle Device Analysis
Micro Transdermal Interface Platform (MicroTIPs)
Seventh Sense Biosystems
Microneedle Diagnostics – Key Therapeutic Sectors
Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Government and Academic Programs
Patient Compliance and Ease of Use
Patient Safety and Compliance
Market Participant Profiles