NFC963K • April 2022 • US$3,850
For self-administration, adherence with drug therapy and disease management protocols has become a primary concern within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. For self-administration, adherence with drug therapy and disease management protocols has become a primary concern within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. For chronic conditions adherence has a direct effect on the patient’s quality-of-life. Connected devices – drug injection devices that are designed to address the patient adherence issue by reminding and recording data about patient dosing activity and making it available to HCPs – are gaining interest among industry and managed care participants.
Medical Device Markets for Near FIeld Communication – What You Will Learn
• What medical devices incorporate near field communication technology, how do they work and what new capabilities do they offer to patients and their HCPs?
• What benefits do NFC enabled drug injectors provide to patients in the area of improved adherence? Patient reported outcomes? HCP/patient communication?
• What therapeutic areas are the current focus of NFC enabled devices?
• Who are the companies behind the push to integrate communication capabilities into injection devices? What are their development activities and corporate alliances and affiliations
• What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on medical device commercialization and market access?
• What does the current market for connected medical devices look like?
• What are the key market drivers for the growth of NFC enabled medical devices?
Summary of Contents
Medical Device Markets for Near Field Communication
Wireless Options for Medical Devices
Near Field Communication
NFC OpenSense (Thin Film Electronics)
NFC Technology and UID
The Energy Issue
Medical Applications for NFC
Hospital Inventory Tracking Solutions
Patient Monitoring Markets
Market Participant Profiles