Infusion is one of the most common therapeutic procedures that patients in a hospital setting are likely to receive. Yet the lack of standardization among the various components, elements and steps that a caregiver must navigate to successfully execute a drug infusion have – according to several recent studies – contributed to medication errors and risks to patient safety. The current generation of what can be referred to as infusion medication management systems are attempting to address the risks associated with infusion by incorporating electronic and programmable features that either simplify the medication process or alert the caregiver to potential dangers or inconsistencies. New capabilities such as onboard drug libraries, dose error reduction software and wireless connectivity that allow the pump to interface with patient EMRs and patient monitors are pushing infusion toward a new era where the complexities inherent in the drug infusion process can be automated and the associated risks reduced.
Infusion Medication Management Systems Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Infusion Medication Management Systems Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Infusion Medication Management Systems – What You Will Learn
• What infusion medication management systems are currently marketed or in development, who are the suppliers, and what are the specifics?
• What are the markets being targeted by infusion medication management systems?
• What are the essential features and capabilities of successful infusion medication management systems?
• What are the major factors that will are driving infusion medication management system demand?
• What is the addressable market for infusion systems?
• What is the expected impact of infusion medication management systems on infusion safety?
• Who are the significant players in this segment? What are their strategies? Who are their alliance partners?
Infusion Medication Management Systems – Summary of Contents
IV Administration Market Dynamics
Evolution in Patient Care
Factors Limiting Growth
Infusion Pump Design Factors
Automated Dose Calculation & Dose Error Reduction
Bar Codes and Bar Code Reading
Onboard Drug Libraries
Flow Control and Dose Monitoring
Software and Device Customization
Alerts and Alarm Fatigue
Medication Management Feature Requirements
System Complexity and Caregiver Training
Device Integration and Safety
Technology Limitations and Risk Factors
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Sector Product Assessments
Master Drug Libraries
Electronic Bar Coding