Closed System Drug Transfer Devices • December 2017 • no. DTS555D17 • US $2,850
Interest in closed system drug transfer devices has been growing as regulatory activity and practitioner awareness surrounding hazardous drug compounding and administration continue to increase. Drugs deemed hazardous to humans has been receiving increasing amounts of scrutiny in recent years as the dangers of these substances become more clearly understood. For caregivers and their patients, the therapeutic area that is at the forefront of attempts to mitigate exposure to cytotoxic drugs is clinical oncology, a field that – in spite of promising new drugs based on therapeutic antibodies – continues to rely heavily on antineoplastics, a class that includes alkylating agents and antimetabolites, to treat a wide range of cancers. Regulatory and industry efforts to create standards and procedures for closed system drug transfer devices are designed to protect workers and patients from accidental and incidental exposure to cytotoxics are being driven by data that suggests a causal link between exposure and health issues. This report analyzes devices, regulations, markets and participants competing in the closed system drug transfer device segment and provides insight, analysis, assessments and forecasts to assist readers in navigating this rapidly evolving sector.
Closed System Drug Transfer Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Closed Drug Transfer Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Closed System Drug Transfer Devices – What You Will Learn
• What are the key segments and addressable markets that comprise the market for cytotoxic drug delivery?
• What are the major therapeutic demand drivers for cytotoxic drug therapeutics?
• What are the design factors and technologies that are being used in commercial and development-stage closed drug transfer systems?
• What is the market share and product position in the market and what will it look like in 2024?
• Who are the companies behind the current generation of cytotoxic transfer devices and what are their business models?
• What is the role of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in the commercialization and market access of new and emerging closed system drug transfer devices?
• What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on CSDT device demand?
Closed System Drug Transfer Devices – Summary of Contents
Summary of Contents
Evolution in Oncology Therapeutics
Recombinant Drugs & Personalized Medicine
The Growth of Targeted Therapeutics
The Evolving Role of Cytotoxic Drugs
The Administration of Antineoplastics
Closed System Drug Transfer (CSDT) Demand Drivers
CSDT Competitive Landscape
Risks and Opportunities
The Market for Cytotoxic Drugs
Evolving Prescribing Factors
Closed System Drug Transfer Design Factors
Oncology Therapeutics Medication Safety
Material Selection Issues
Oncology Drug Administration and Dosing
Drug-Specific Dosing Modification and Individualized Dosing
CSDT Device Performance Factors
CSDT Devices – Key Market Segments
Closed System Drug Transfer – Device Assessments
Device Sharps Strategy
Device Compliance Performance
Regulations and Standards
Level of Complexity and Ease of Use
Business Models and Strategies
Market Assessments and Forecasts
Other Geographic Markets
For Additional Information: