Prior to the start of this century, a new treatment for rheumatic inflammatory diseases came along roughly once every 20 years. However, since then more than a dozen new drugs have been launched in a short time, all of which are based on major molecular breakthroughs on key molecules in the inflammatory process. While the focus of first generation immunotherapeutic drugs centered on tumor necrosis factor inhibitors, recently approved immune modulators precisely target specific ligands and/or receptors of inflammatory pathways, resulting in diminished collateral impact while slowing down the production and release of inflammatory cytokines into the extracellular space. This report includes analysis of three-dozen approved therapeutic drugs and late-stage development candidates that target more that a dozen discreet pathway actors, effectively reducing the human inflammatory response with fewer side effects than earlier therapeutic options.
Immune Mediated Inflammatory Diseases Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Immune Mediated Inflammatory Diseases – What You Will Learn
- What are the immune factors that are responsible for immune mediated inflammatory diseases?
- What are the inflammatory-mediated ligands, receptors, signaling proteins and transcription factors that represent druggable targets?
- What are the major factors driving the high level of development activity in immune mediated inflammatory diseases?
- What is the impact of pathway cross-talk in the pathology of conditions such as psoriasis and how will this affect sector therapeutic uptake?
- What is the level of clinical trial activity in this sector, and who are the active participants?
- What is the level of patent activity, who are the IP holders, and what targets/ pathway segments do they focus on?
- What is the size of the market today, who are the market share leaders, and what will the market share be in 2022?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for immune therapeutics
Immune Mediated Inflammatory Diseases – Summary of Contents
Inflammatory Pathway Cascade Targets
Interleukin 6 (IL-6)
Janus Kinase/Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
Signal Transducer & Activator of Transcription
Transforming Growth Factor-β RI/RII (TGF-β RI/RII)
Retinoic acid-related orphan receptor RORyt
Immune Mediated Market Assessment
Profiles of Market Participants