As life expectancy in the developed world increases and populations age, the incidence and associated morbidity of chronic and acute pain is increasing and placing a higher level of emphasis on pain management as a quality-of-life issue for patients and their families. Responding to this trend, drug developers are increasingly turning to transdermal formulations of pain management drugs. Because it has the potential to improve drug therapy compliance, transdermal delivery addresses a key healthcare issue – one that is particularly problematic in aging populations and developing economies. Currently approved transdermal pain products include narcotics, NSAIDs, and topical anesthetics. These patches and gels will encounter competition from development-stage transdermal formulations for a number of pain medications presently being marketed in oral or parenteral form. Several of these development programs involve international partnerships designed to take advantage of perceived opportunities in regional markets. Transdermal Pain Management to 2020 is a comprehensive analysis of this growing market segment.
Transdermal Pain Management to 2020 Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Transdermal Pain Management Report Order Form (Download PDF)
· What drugs indicated for managing pain are supplied as transdermal formulations, what are the formulation and product specifics, and who markets them?
• Who are the branded transdermal pain management product suppliers, their business models, and their capabilities?
• What are the major factors driving transdermal pain product demand?
• How important are drug developer-formulator-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for transdermal pain management products?
• What are the competing pain management product segments and what is their market share?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for transdermal pain management?
Summary of Contents
Scope and Definitions
The Current Pain Management Picture
Unmet Needs in Pain Management
The Opportunity for Transdermal Delivery of Pain Drugs
The Pain Management Market Opportunity
Evolution in Pain Management Guidelines
Regional Factors in Pain Management Practice
Pain Management Demand Drivers
Factors Limiting Growth
Transdermal Drug Delivery Dynamics
Transdermal Pain Management Patches
Pain Patch Technology & Architectures
Transdermal Patch Manufacturing and Packaging
Passive vs Active Delivery Systems
Transdermal Pain Management Gels
IP and Proprietary Technology
Limitations of Topical Gels
Transdermal Pain Management Product Assessments and Market Prospects
FDA Approved Transdermal Pain Management Products
Non-FDA Approved Commercial Transdermal Pain Management Products
Development-Stage Transdermal Pain Management Products
Other Drug Classes
Transdermal Pain Management Market Factors
Quality and Reliability
Indications Prescribing Guidelines and Off-Label Prescribing
Managed Care and Payor Initiatives
Skin Patch Revenue Models
Forecasts by Region
Forecasts by Drug Class
Forecasts by Delivery Form Factor
Market Share Data
Market Participant Profiles