Microneedle technology is attaining commercial viability at a time when drug developers are faced with new challenges as they assess ways to administer new classes of compounds with significant therapeutic potential. The widespread availability of rapid throughput screening is accelerating the discovery of new drugs, a significant number of which are large-molecule therapeutic compounds that cannot tolerate passage through the digestive system, requiring pharmaceutical companies to forego oral formulations and select alternate routes of administration. Microneedle technology has the potential address the growing trend toward self-administration by allowing the precise placement of therapeutic agents at prescribed locations below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques for large-scale manufacturing and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable drug delivery systems.
Microneedle Drug Delivery to 2024 Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Microneedle Drug Delivery Devices to 2024 – What Your Will Learn
- What approved drug products are currently supplied in microneedle devices and systems, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded microneedle drug delivery device and system suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
- What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle drug delivery?
- How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for microneedle drug delivery products?
- What are the important therapeutic markets for microneedle delivery products and what is their market share now? What will it be in 2024?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for microneedle drug delivery systems?
Summary of Contents
Microneedles – Where we are today
Microneedle Demand Drivers
Managed Care Initiatives
Microneedle Arrays & Array Geometries
Microneedle Device Technology
Emerging Fabrication Methods
Microneedle Form Factors
Sustained Release Microneedles
Microneedles & Microfluidics
Microneedle Device Commercialization Factors
In Vitro Release Testing
Container Closure and Stability
Microneedle Development Initiatives
PATH Center of Excellence for Microarray Patch Technology
Government Technology Transfer Programs
Markets and Opportunities
Vaccine Dose Sparing
Market Participant Profiles