Engineered Solutions for Treating Chronic Conditions
As new drugs become available for the treatment of an expanding list of health conditions, drug developers have increasingly pursued packaging and delivery options that simplify the administration process and increase the efficiency and reliability with which the drug can be introduced into the patient. For injectable drugs, this pursuit has led to an accelerated evolution in injection device design, creating new opportunities and choices for drug marketers. As the administration of injectables moves increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes, decisions regarding as-supplied packaging that were once considered boilerplate have moved to the early stages of the development process. A wide spectrum of device attributes, including form factor, device-patient interaction, security and safety, dosing, activation, off-device communication, and drug formulation factors have been incorporated into drug injection devices. Over time, these initiatives will come to be expected by patients in injectable drugs.
On-Body Subcutaneous Injection Systems Report Brochure (Download PDF)
On-Body Subcutaneous Injection Report Order Form (Download PDF)
On-Body Subcutaneous Injection Systems – What You Will Learn
• What on-body subcutaneous systems are currently marketed or in development, who are the suppliers, and what are the device specifics?
• What are the therapeutic markets being targeted by on-body subcutaneous injection systems?
• What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for on-body subcutaneous injection systems?
• What are the major factors that will drive on-body subcutaneous injection systems demand?
• How are on-body subcutaneous injeciton systems currently aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
• What is the addressable market for on-body subcutaneous injection systems?
• What is the expected impact of on-body subcutaneous injection systems on drug delivery markets?
• Who are the significant players in this segment? What are their strategies? Who are their alliance partners?
On-Body Subcutaneous Injection Systems – Summary of Contents
Subcutaneous Injectable Therapeutics Landscape
Device Design Factors
On-Body Subcutaneous Device Classes
Near-term Product Analysis and Market Data