Increases in life expectancy are expected to result in a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in administration methods and devices that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. For self administered injectables, human engineering and user ergonomics are essential attributes that impact critical patient issues such as safety and patient compliance. While designers have acquired many powerful design tools during the past decade – tools that include 3D CAD design software and high performance materials, design team have been increasingly relying on classic end user research to define the design targets for their projects related to self-administered injectables to 2020.
Self Administered Injectables to 2022 Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Self Administered Injectables to 2022 Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What are the currently marketed injectable drugs intended for patient self administration?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers for self administered injectables and what are the growth prospects for self administered injectable drugs?
• What are the key device selection factors and market development issues for self administered injectables?
• What doses the current self administered injectables market look like, who are the market leaders, and what will this market look like in 2022?
• What companies supply syringes and injectors designed for patient self administration, and what are their product activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• How important are pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in the self administered injectables market segment?
• What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
Evolution in Injectable Drug Development
The Growth of Self Administration
Drug Self-Administration Demand Factors
Injectable Drug Device Selection Criteria
Lyophilized Drugs & Drug Reconstitution
Syringe Safety/Sharps Protection
Disposable Drug Cartridges
Self Administered Injectables – Device Classes & Devices
Prefilled Syringes (PFS)
Variable Dose Autoinjectors
Standardized Pen Platforms
Custom Pen Design
Dual Chamber Pens
Needle-free Injectors (NFI)
Self Administered Injectables – Disease Segment Analysis
Self Administered Branded Product Analysis & Market Data
Colony Stimulating Factors
GLP-1 Receptor Agonists
Other Glycemic Control Injectables
Regulatory Factors and Risks
Ease-of-Use and the Patient Experience
Managed Care & Healthcare Economics
Custom Device Designs & Branding