The number of drugs available in prefilled syringes as a percentage of all injectable drugs continues to grow. So too does the number of injectable drugs indicated for chronic conditions and self-administration. But suppliers of autoinjectors face several challenges as the market evolves and matures. Continued interest in plastic prefilled syringes will require non-brand specific injector manufacturers to validate that their devices function consistently and safely over the range of these emerging PFS devices – devices with rigidity, barrel lubricity and flexural properties that differ not insignificantly from type 1 glass. They will have to compete – in some cases head-on – with prefilled syringe suppliers, who are increasingly incorporating autoinjector-like ease-of-use features into their PFS designs to differentiate their product lines and in some cases to meet their pharma customer requirements for product-specific syringe designs.
Autoinjectors to 2026 Report Brochure(Download PDF)
Autoinjector to 2026 Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Autoinjectors to 2026 – What You Will Learn
- What autoinjectors can be paired with prefilled syringes for injectable drug delivery; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
- What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- How big is the market? How is it growing? What will it look like in 2026?
- Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on autoinjector commercialization and market access?
- What is the impact of wirelessly connected autoinjectors on patient care and market growth?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for autoinjectors?
Autoinjectors to 2026 – Summary of Contents
The Market Opportunity
Delivery Market Dynamics
The Economics of Injectable Drugs
What’s Driving the Growth in Autoinjectors?
Prefilled Syringes Proliferating
The Trend toward Self-Administration
Innovation in Disposable Device Designs
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
Autoinjectors – Commercial Devices
Manual Injection Autoinjectors
Automated Injection Autoinjectors
Variable Dose Autoinjectors
Product Specific Autoinjectors
Autoinjector Device Design Factors
Material Selection Issues
Part Counts and Device Cost
Needle Insertion Depth
Dose Inspection/Injection Confirmation
Autoinjector Drug Delivery – Key Therapeutic Sector Analysis
Patient Compliance and Ease of Use