Improved drug formulation technology and sophisticated injection deices are converging to create opportunities for sustained release dosing. The ability to formulate injectable drugs to increase the duration of efficacy for a given dose and simultaneously reduce the dosing frequency addresses several important health care issues. Less frequent dosing is believed to improve patient safety, reduce the incidence of injection site complications and improve com-pliance with drug protocols. Sustained release formulations mitigate the bolus effect at the time of injection, and thus have a salutary influence on drug side effects.
Sustained Release Injectables Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Sustained Release Injectables Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Sustained Release Injectables – What You Will Learn
• What are the marketed sustained release injectable drug products, what sustained release formulation technologies are used, and who markets them?
• What are the major factors driving sustained release injectable drug demand?
• What sustained release injectable drug candidates are in late-stage clinical development and what is their potential impact?
• How important are drug developer-formulation technologist relationships in the sustained release market segment, and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential formulation factors, delivery device selection issues, related technology factors and market development issues for sustained release injectable drug products?
• In what therapeutic market segments do sustained release injectables compete? What is their market share today? What will it be in 2024? What is their expected growth rate?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for sustained release injectables?
Sustained Release Inejctables – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
The Trend toward Self-Administration
Sustained Release – Branded Formulation Technologies
Sustained Release Injectables – Development Factors
SR Injectables – Product Analysis & Market Sector Forecasts
Development-stage SR Injectables