Increases in life expectancy are expected to result in a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and logistical implications of this trend, pressure from public health and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration Specialty Injectable formulation and packaging decisions are increasingly being based on the results of human engineering inputs and patient preference research. Branding and packaging choices are more frequently being driven by data sources historically employed by consumer product marketers. For drug developers and device suppliers, the implications of these trends are influencing product development methodology and changing supply chain relationships.
Self Injectables Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Self Injectables Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Self Injectable Specialty Drugs – What You Will Learn
|• What are the currently marketed specialty injectable drugs intended for patient self administration?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers for self-injectable specialty drugs and what are their growth prospects?
• What are the key formulation and packaging factors and market development issues for self-administered specialty injectables?
• What does the current self-injectable specialty drug market look like, who are the market leaders, and what will this market look like in 2022?
• What are the important therapeutic market segments for self-injectable specialty drugs, how large are they, and how fast are they growing?
• How important are pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in this market segment?
• What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors in this market?
Self Injectable Specialty Drugs – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Demand Drivers
Drug Development Factors
Self-Injection Product Design Factors
Safety and Simplicity
Risks and Opportunities
Self-injectable Delivery Device Selection Criteria
Single vs Multi-Dose Devices
Fixed vs Variable Dosing
Disposable vs Reusable Devices
Self-injectable Specialty Drugs – Device Categories
Wearable Injection Devices
Self-injectable Specialty Drugs – Product Analysis, Therapeutic
Segment Assessments & Forecasts
– Glycemic Control
– Immune Modulators