|User-friendly syringe and injection device designs and the availability of an increasing number of drugs in prefilled insertable and disposable cartridges are propelling the growth of pen injection devices for self-administration. The cost of biologicals such as recombinant proteins has created interest in pen injectors to reduce cost and waste associated with the handling of vial-packaged drugs. A second factor is the continued adoption of custom pen designs as a way of differentiating injectables developed for self-administration through product branding. These devices feature one or more user-friendly features to further the product’s desirability relative to competing options.|
Pen Injectors Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Pen Injection Devices – Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Pen Injection Devices – What You Will Learn
- What injectable drugs are supplied in pen injection devices; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the key therapeutic segments, demand drivers and commercial pen products?
- What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- How big is the pen injection device market? How fast is it growing? What will it look like in 2024?
- Who are the leading device and drug sector participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on pen injection device commercialization and market access?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for pen injection devices?
Pen Injection Devices – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Sector Market Dynamics
Drug Classes and Devices
Indications and Demand
The Pen Injection Device Market
Device Growth Factors
Biological Drugs Proliferating
Growth of Self-Administration
Device Design Innovation
Pen Injection Device Design Factors
Standardized Pen Platforms
Custom Pen Designs
Prefilled Pen Cartridges
Dual Chamber Pens
Variable vs Fixed Dosing
Important Pen-Delivered Drug Classes
Human Growth Hormone
Insulins and Antihyperglycemics
Pen Injectors – Therapeutic Sector Assessment
Inflammatory Autoimmune Diseases
Other Commercial Pen Markets & Products
Patient Preferences and Compliance
Managed Care Initiatives