|Growth in high viscosity drugs is being driven by advances in biotechnology and host-vector engineering – advances that have led to a steady stream of biologics for a number of ailments and conditions. These powerful drugs come with a high cost-per-dose and the risk of significant side effects – factors that place an elevated emphasis on administration efficiency, safety and reliability. Many drugs in this class are characterized by physical properties and sensitivities that challenge the drug commercialization ecosystem. For example, monoclonal antibodies, perhaps the most significant category in terms of therapeutic and commercial importance, typically possess viscosities that are well above the normal limits of subcutaneous injection devices and techniques. Without a technical solution, these high viscosity drugs are formulated and supplied for infusion, a trend that threatens to put additional pressure on patient logistics and healthcare economics. Drug developers and device designers are increasingly working in collaboration to insure the commercial success of handheld devices for high viscosity injectables.|
Handheld Devices for Injecting High Viscosity Drugs – What You Will Learn
- What are the handheld device classes and individual devices that can inject high viscosity drugs; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
- What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- How big is the market? How is it growing?
- Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on high viscosity device commercialization and market access?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for high viscosity injection devices ?
Handheld Devices for Injecting High Viscosity Drugs – Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
High Viscosity Injection Device Design Factors
High Viscosity Drugs – Addressable Markets
Analysis of Hi Viscosity Handheld Devices
Market Participant Profiles