|In the past five years, autoinjectors – pen-like devices that can accept standard prefilled syringes and simplify the injection event for patients – have emerged as a major drug delivery platform. The number of drugs available in prefilled syringes as a percentage of all injectable drugs continues to grow. So too does the number of injectable drugs indicated for chronic conditions and self-administration. But suppliers of autoinjectors face several challenges as the market evolves and matures. Continued interest in plastic prefilled syringes will require non-brand specific injector manufacturers to validate that their devices function consistently and safely over the range of these emerging PFS devices – devices with rigidity, barrel lubricity and flexural properties that differ not insignificantly from type 1 glass. They will have to compete – in some cases head-on – with prefilled syringe suppliers, who are increasingly incorporating autoinjector-like ease-of-use features into their PFS designs to differentiate their product lines and in some cases to meet their pharma customer requirements for product-specific syringe designs.|
Autoinjector Devices Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Autoinjector Devices Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Autoinjector Devices Therapeutics Market Data – What You Will Learn
• What autoinjectors can be paired with prefilled syringes for injectable drug delivery; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
• What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
• What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
• How big is the market? How is it growing? What will it look like in 2024?
• Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on autoinjector commercialization and market access?
• What is the impact of wirelessly connected autoinjectors on patient care and market growth?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for autoinjectors?
Autoinjector Devices Therapeutics Market Data – Summary of Contents
The Market Opportunity
Autoinjectors – Commercial Devices
Autoinjector Device Design Factors
Autoinjector Drug Delivery – Key Therapeutic Sector Analysis
Comments or questions?