The correlation between chronic conditions and the benefits of patient self-administration continues to influence therapeutic product decisions, managed care initiatives and regulatory actions. The administration of injectables is moving increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes. Decisions regarding as-supplied packaging that were once considered boilerplate have moved to the early stages of the development process. Responding to these market forces, drug developers and their device partners are increasing their emphasis on device features and functionality, attempting to create injectable products that are more user-friendly while promoting patient adherence and safety. These features address a wide spectrum of device attributes, including form factor, device-patient interaction, security and safety, dosing, activation, off-device communication, and drug formulation factors.
Advanced Drug Injection Devices Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Advanced Drug Injection Devices Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What injection devices incorporate advanced features and/or functionality and what is their market status?
• What injectable drugs are currently marketed in advanced injection devices?
• Who are the important advanced feature/functionality injector and syringe suppliers, their capabilities, and their business strategies?
• What are the major factors driving advanced injection device demand?
• How important are drug developer-device manufacturer/ecosystem relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• How are the current generation of advanced feature/functionality injection devices aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting this market?
Summary of Contents
Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
Specialty Injection Device Market Drivers
Chronic Conditions and Self-Administration
The Growth of Biologicals
Shifting Patient Demographics
Drug Economics, Safety and Compliance
Device Design and Innovation
Enabling Technology and Patient Preferences
Device Design Factors
Human Engineering & Ergonomics
Reusable vs Disposable Designs
Patient Population Variability
The Advanced Drug Injection Device Ecosystem
Device Design & Development
Assembly & Private Labeling
Advanced Drug Injectors Analysis and Market Data
Small Form Factor Devices
High Viscosity Drug Delivery Devices
Single Hand Injection Devices
Pre-event Audible Patient Instructions
Post-event Patient Feedback Devices
Needle Safety Features
Settable Needle Insertion Depth
Advanced Closure Systems
Tamper Evident Devices
Barcodes & Barcode Readers
Devices with Wireless Communications
Third Party Add-on Technology
Patient Adherence Feature Devices
Injection Event Activation
Training & Patient Confidence
Regulations & Standards
Managed Care and Healthcare Economics