Metered dose inhalers have been around for more than thirty years, and while the underlying technology is relatively straightforward and mature, device developers and their inhaled drug partners have been able to add improvements and/or new features that address MDI limitations and advance ease-of-use. Because of the underlying physiology of the human respiratory system, inhaled drug pharmacodynamics, and marked variations in the use of inhalers across patient populations, inhaler design presents unique challenges to device developers. Recent improvements in the control of the inspiry event have reduced the need for add-on devices designed to help regulate patient administration. Growth in upper airway therapeutics will help to push MDI unit demand to high single digits between now and the end of the decade.
Metered Dose Inhalers to 2022 Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Metered Dose Inhalers to 2022 Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• • What inhalable drugs are supplied in MDIs, how are they marketed, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
• What inhalable MDI products are in late stage development, who are the developers, and what indications are they targeting?
• What are the major factors driving metered dose inhaled drug/device demand?
• What is the size of the market today, who are the market share leaders, and what will the market share be in 2022?
• How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues MDI products?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for MDIs?
Summary of Contents
Inhaled Drug Delivery Market Dynamics
Devices and Formulations
Market Segments and Indications
Established Therapeutic Targets
Demographics and Growth
MDI Technology Factors
MDI Performance Factors
Dose Delivery and Patient Training
Doses and Dose Counters
Dual (Combination) Drug MDIs
MDI Product Assessments and Analysis
Branded Drug Inhalers
Generic DPI Inhalers
Combination Drug Inhalers
Therapeutic Market Analysis, Market Data and Forecasts