Neurological disorders are highly prevalent worldwide. And while mental and neurological disorders are responsible for about one per cent of deaths, they account for almost 11 per cent of disease burden globally. As the absolute number and relative percentage of people age 65 and older increases, the goal of reversing or ameliorating the effects of neurological disease becomes critical to easing a looming financial and human burden that these diseases will impose on society. Current research is showing potential in increasing the quality of life and delaying cognitive decline for those diagnosed with neurological disease. In addition to the handful of FDA-approved inhaled CNS products, several companies are currently pursuing a range of APIs in inhalation device delivery systems that target neurological and CNS conditions. While none of these development-stage candidates is curative, the benefits they can offer in terms of patient ease-of-use, product safety and overall quality-of-care are expected to result in reduced morbidity and more effective symptom management for afflicted patients.
Inhaled CNS Therapeutics Report Prospectus (Download PDF)
Inhaled CNS Therapeutics Report Order Form (Download PDF)
• What are the approved inhaled drugs indicated for neurological diseases and conditions?
• What are the key CNS market segments within the inhaled drug space?
• What are the addressable markets and who are the market leaders?
• What is the breakdown of the market now, and what will it look like in 2020?
• Who are the market participants, what drugs do they supply, what are their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
• How important are pharma-device alliances and design partnerships for successful product development, commercialization and market access?
• What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Summary of Contents
CNS Therapeutic Market Dynamics
Neurological Diseases and Aging
Managed Care and Reimbursement
Drug Formulations and Dosing Frequency
Inhalation Technology and Platforms
Oral Inhalation Device Design Factors
Dry Powder Inhalers
Metered Dose Inhalers
Intranasal Drug Delivery
Intranasal Delivery Pharmacokinetics
Device Product Design Factors
Active Compound Stability
Inhaled CNS Drug Product Analysis,
Market Data and Forecasts
Inhaled CNS Market Segment Analysis
Regulatory Initiatives and Guidance