|For self-administration, adherence with drug therapy and disease management protocols has become a primary concern within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. For chronic conditions adherence has a direct effect on the patient’s quality-of-life. Connected oral inhalers – inhalers that are designed to address the patient adherence issue by reminding and recording data about patient dosing activity and making it available to HCPs – are gaining interest among industry and managed care participants. Efforts to enhance adherence and reduce medication errors have a non-negligible effect on drug development decisions, and are a significant factor in the prescribing decisions of most physicians. The connected inhaler ecosystem includes OEM device suppliers, drug developers, human factors consultants and aftermarket third-party devices.||
Other Titles in this Series
Connected Oral Inhalers Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Connected Oral Inhalers Report Order Form (Download PDF)
What You Will Learn
• What oral inhalers incorporate wireless connectivity technology, how do they work and what new capabilities do they offer to patients and their HCPs?
• What benefits do connected oral inhalers provide to patients in the area of improved adherence? Patient reported outcomes? HCP/patient communication?
• What therapeutic areas are the current focus of connected oral inhalers?
• Who are the companies behind the push to connected oral inhalers? What are their development activities and corporate alliances and affiliations
• What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on connected oral inhaler device commercialization and market access?
• What does the current market for connected oral inhalers look like? What will it look like in 2020?
• What are the key market drivers for the growth of connected oral inhalers
Connected Oral Inhalers – Summary of Contents
Connected Devices – The Opportunity
Drug Development Trends
The Rapid Rise of Prefilled Devices
Factors Driving Drug Self-Administration
Therapeutic Demand Drivers
The Impact of Developing Economies
Wireless Connectivity Technologies
Near Field Communications
Wireless Device Platforms
Wirelessly Connected Device Segments
Integrated Wireless Oral Inhalers
Third Party/Aftermarket Connectivity Devices
Other Wireless Connected Devices
Connected Oral Inhalers – Device-by-Device Analysis
Connected Inhaler Market Assessments & Forecasts