Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) is a technique that temporarily takes over the function of the heart and lungs during surgery, maintaining the circulation of blood and the oxygen content of the body. The CPB pump itself is often referred to as a heart–lung machine or “the pump”. Cardiopulmonary bypass pumps are operated by perfusionists, medically directed by anesthesiologists, and surgically directed by cardiac surgeons who connect the pump to the patient’s body. CPB is a form of extracorporeal circulation.Cardiopulmonary bypass is commonly used in heart surgery because of the difficulty of operating on the beating heart. Operations requiring the opening of the chambers of the heart require the use of CPB to support the circulation during that period. The machine nourishes the blood cells and allows them to continue cellular respiration even through surgery. As the market for invasive cardiovascular procedures increases with an aging global population, we forecast this segment to grow at a modest but steady rate.
What You Will Learn
• Who are the key suppliers/CMOs of cardiopulmonary Bypass components and devices?
• What medical device sourcing services are offered by companies in the CBP space?
• What is the distribution of CBP component and device suppliers by device class?
• Which countries/regions dominate the CBP market?
• How do I find an accurate and complete list of companies that can perform the tasks that I seek for the devices I require?
Summary of Contents
Cardiopulmonary Bypass Market Overview
Geographic Dispersion of Cardiopulmonary Bypass Suppliers in Europe
Geographic Dispersion of Cardiopulmonary Bypass Suppliers In Asia
Geographic Dispersion of Cardiopulmonary Bypass Suppliers in the US
Products by Device Class and Supplier
Services – Listed by Suppliers and Product Code
Cardiopulmonary Bypass Supplier Directory